At Convverge, we are driven by technology, innovation, and the opportunity to work with amazing clients. We build business-level, web-based applications on Cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, SharePoint and the Power Platform that support a rich set of interactions among customers, employees and users like us. As software developers, designers and analysts, our work requires us to consider usability, design, business workflow, performance, as well as strong technical platform integrations. We are regional leaders in a growing cloud technology space.
About Our Team
- We passionately solve problems and commit to quality as the leading design principle.
- We scale ourselves through small, self-empowered and self-organizing teams.
- We focus on learning, at an organizational and personal level. All employees are pursuing certifications on company time, with an allocation of 4 hours per week of professional development time.
- We value a diverse team with a variety of experiences and educational backgrounds.
We are seeking a Cloud Architect. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients. You will be a subject matter expert on cloud platforms and will bridge the gaps between complex business problems and solutions in the cloud by guiding our clients through technical solutions to enhance their business needs.
- Responsible for converting technical requirements of a project into architecture and design that will guide the final product.
- Working in tandem with our team, identify and implement the optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients.
- Plan and deliver infrastructure transformations and migrations by creating, implementing, and supporting scalable, high-performing cloud solutions.
- Configure and deploy Microsoft Windows and Linux servers and systems using automation techniques and Cloud Service Provider user interfaces (graphical, API, and CLI).
- Conduct virtualized server, workstation, and infrastructure integration, administration, troubleshooting, backup, and recovery.
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Lead and develop best practices for the larger overall Cloud team.
- Implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Maintain a deep understanding and awareness of technology advancements for future cloud, software, and other relative implementations and capabilities to support architecting, engineering, and planning activities.
- Self-starter and results driven. Able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum guidance or prompting. Proactive, dependable, and possesses a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Relevant Microsoft Azure Certification as an Administrator, Security and Architect. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
- Experience in working with Azure DevOps solutions such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and CI/CD pipelines, including using tools such as Terraform.
- Experience with Azure/AWS services Compute, Storage, Networking, Serverless, Security/Identity/Compliance tools
- Experience in Identity Management (IAM), including Azure AD
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team, or alone as required.
- Advanced level of expertise in Windows operating system engineering and administration.
- Familiarity with enterprise IT services and architectures.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Calgary, Alberta (Hybrid) or Remote
To apply for this position, please send your resume to careers(at)convverge(dot)com.