Director of Sales
At Convverge, we are driven by technology, innovation, and the opportunity to work with amazing clients. We build business-level, web-based applications on Cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, SharePoint and the Power Platform that support a rich set of interactions among customers, employees and users like us. As software developers, designers, and analysts our work requires us to consider usability, design, business workflow, performance, as well as strong technical platform integrations. We are regional leaders in a growing cloud technology space.
About Our Team
- We passionately solve problems and commit to quality as the leading design principle.
- We scale ourselves through small, self-empowered and self-organizing teams.
- We focus on learning, at an organizational and personal level. All employees are pursuing certifications on company time, with an allocation of 4 hours per week of professional development time.
- We value a diverse team with a variety of experiences and educational backgrounds.
We are seeking a Director of Sales located in Calgary, AB. For this role, you must have the ability to uncover sales opportunities and move the opportunity through the sales pipeline. You will help to build a high-functioning Sales team and improve the overall sales process while driving the success of the top-line growth. You will be responsible for working with prospective clients from a wide range of industries to identify and provide solutions to their needs. You must be a motivated self-starter who is customer and results-oriented, possessing the skills and flexibility necessary to build solid relationships with established and prospective customers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities.
- Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Skilled in navigating and orchestrating collaboration across multiple internal business units to help close deals.
- Key contributor to proposal development.
- Interacting with senior management of our clients, which involves negotiating or supporting the resolution of significant matters related to delivery.
- Coordinating with the Convverge Operations team on resource forecasting and the effective transition from Sales to Delivery to create a seamless customer experience.
- Post-secondary education, with 10+ years of sales experience in a technology sales environment.
- Demonstrated capability in leadership, new business development and securing project extensions, proposal development, and closing new business opportunities.
- High degree of business acumen and the ability to tailor Convverge solutions to customer problems.
- Proven leader with extensive abilities to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive teamwork environment, lead teams to generate a vision, leverage diverse views, and help develop and grow team members throughout the course of every project
- Experienced in securing input from all business and technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent client management skills
- Keen attention to detail while working well under pressure.
- Possess a collaborative nature including exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Established technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience with Microsoft Technology Stack. Azure, Power Platform, M365 etc.
- Familiar with software development lifecycles (SDLC) and cloud-based platforms.
- A self-starter who is willing to roll up your sleeves to make work happen.
- You enjoy strategic thinking but can also operate at a tactical level very efficiently.
- Sales-driven and customer success focused
- You are approachable, like to coach and train others, and enjoy networking and connecting with diverse groups to draw out creative inspiration.
What You Will Benefit From
- Being part of a growing, collaborative, and engaging team that prioritizes employee development and customer experience.
- Partnering with and learning from an experienced network of professionals in the technology space.
- A competitive compensation package with a flexible employee health benefits package, paid time off, hybrid work arrangements and professional development support.