June 19, 2019
Microsoft just announced exciting artificial intelligence (AI) investments in the Power Platform (Power BI, PowerApps, Flow) called AI Builder. AI Builder is a low code, artificial intelligence platform that supports the Power Platform and can be used to address everyday tasks like forms processing, object detection, and text and binary classification. AI Builder is the platform for providing a low-code user experience for every developer to create and customize their PowerApps and Flows.
The Power Platform enables organizations to analyze data, act on it through applications, and automate business processes. It allows everyone, from the professional developer to the frontline worker, to participate in driving better business outcomes by building apps. This makes it easier to add premade artificial intelligence code packages to their PowerApps applications, and a way for others to get access to these custom apps.
The 5 key capabilities of AI Builder are:
- Binary Classification – uses historical data to predict whether new data falls into one of two categories.
- Text Classification – tags any snippet of text based on the historical data you provide. Streamline your business by automatically tagging new text.
- Object Detection – lets you count, locate, and identify selected objects within any image. You can use this model in PowerApps to extract information from pictures you take with the camera.
- Business Card Reader – a component available in the PowerApps studio that lets you scan business cards.
- Form Processing – identifies the structure of your documents based on examples you provide to extract text from any matching form.
With these announcements, AI Builder makes Cognitive and AI offerings from Microsoft accessible to everyone by lowering the bar to entry. Microsoft is doing all the heavy lifting required to build a data model, removing a huge barrier to entry for business users. Data has become central to business, and this can only empower businesses to continue adding layers of intelligence to their existing platforms. The simple wizard like experience is tailored to empower every developer in keeping with the essence of the Power Platform.
Read more about AI integration with the Power Platform here: click here.
Contact Convverge for more information on how you can take advantage of AI and the Power Platform.