Senior Software Developer
At Convverge, we are driven by technology, innovation and the opportunity to work with amazing clients. We build business-level, web-based applications on Cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, SharePoint and the Power Platform that support a rich set of interactions among customers, employees and users like us. As software developers, designers and analysts, our work requires us to consider usability, design, business workflow, performance, as well as strong technical platform integrations. We are leaders in a growing cloud technology space.
About Our Team:
- We passionately solve problems and commit to quality as the leading design principle.
- We scale ourselves through small, self-empowered and self-organizing teams.
- We focus on learning, at an organizational and personal level. All employees are pursuing certifications on company time, with an allocation of 4 hours per week of professional development time.
- We value a diverse team with a variety of experiences and educational backgrounds.
We are seeking Senior Software Developer with 8+ years of experience developing solutions who truly loves working with technology and solving problems. You will have worked as a part of a development team and take great pride in creating resilient, high quality software. You are excited to work with a team that strives to solve complex business problems, no matter what it takes. You want to work with cutting edge software and tools. This role can be done remotely, we encourage candidates with the required skill set located outside of Calgary to apply.
What You Will Do:
- Plan and lead the development of new software products and/or enhancements
- Lead the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions
- Contribute collaboratively within a creative and fast paced environment, designing innovative solutions that are architecturally solid and scalable.
- Provide coaching and code review for jr. developers.
- Thrive working independently within an open environment.
- Work within an Agile development environment, adhering to process standards and best practices.
- Demonstrate an ability to break down complex problems into smaller tasks that can be systematically prioritized and addressed.
- Develop strong coding solutions using Microsoft business platforms that perform and fit well within the context of a larger product.
- Proactively identify and communicate risks or delays that may affect the overall health of a project.
What Skills You Have:
We will give strong preference to Senior Developers who have the following experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform, especially Power Automate
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, especially SharePoint Online. SharePoint Framework considered a bonus.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, including DevOps and Microsoft 365
- Experience with C#
- Experience with command line scripting (PowerShell, Bash)
- Experience with GIT
What You Will Benefit From:
- Being part of a growing, collaborative, and engaging team that prioritizes employee development and customer experience
- Partnering with and learning from an experienced network of professionals in the technology space
- A competitive compensation package with a flexible employee health benefits package, paid time off, hybrid work arrangements and professional development support
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Calgary, Alberta (Hybrid) or Remote
To apply for this position, please send your resume to careers(at)convverge(dot)com.